Regardless if you are Democrat or Republican, it’s a very interesting Presidential Election Season and candidates are either taking advantage of PPC Marketing, using it but not ineffectively or simply just missing out on connecting with potential voters. PPC Marketing can be a powerful tool that provides the following benefits.
- Influence opinions and swing voters
- Gives an edge on “time-sensitive” issues
- Assists in “damage control” regarding Reputation Management
- Increases online donations and volunteerism
- Assists in re-enforcing Social Conversions on other networks
However, in this particular case, Mitt Romney’s campaign is using PPC not to go after their own fellow Republican competitor, but the President of the United States. Mitt’s campaign staff wants their base to “assume” he will win the Republican Nomination and they are using PPC as a persuasion tactic.
Another interesting thing to note is that all of the text ads that are in rotation all focus on Obama and not Newt. See the following screenshot below for the different types of messaging.