From a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Marketers perspective, Startups are looking for every advantage they can find to help launch their product or service to their prospected audiences. However, they have to be careful no to “bet the farm” too early especially when Venture Capital Firms are investing. With all of the popular marketing tactics of growth hacking and social media being forged into the generalized marketing strategy, its important not to lose focus on the basics. With that said, one of the fastest ways to gauge a businesses prospected audience and “move the needle” is with intelligent Pay-Per-Click Marketing. Hiring an experienced PPC Marketer can be a valuable asset to any VC that is looking to not only increase revenue for their portfolio companies, but also have the security and confidence of knowing they have the resource available to launch a new startup.
In this post, I will discuss a few reasons why having a PPC Marketing Consultant at the disposal of a VC can be a pretty good decision.
Start-up Portfolio Clients
Today where new companies are spurting up all over the world and advertising budgets are usually at a minimum, PPC Marketing can make a difference. One of the biggest benefits for Startup is to have their Venture Capital Firm recommend a trusted PPC Marketer who can come in and “move the needle” by providing a just a few of the following:
- Evaluate the Business Model as it pertains to PPC Marketing Tactics and Strategy
- Help the Company Identify Online Audiences and Demographic capabilities
- Perform a current PPC and Organic Search Competitive Analysis
- Help put together an initial 3-6 month Strategy based on Goals/Objectives
- Setup the Core Infrastructure for Web Analytics and Conversion Tracking
- Develop Landing Page Design Strategy for optimal Conversion Rates
The Agency or “In-House” Fatigue Factor
In some cases, a VC’s portfolio company might be in need of some “new and fresh” ideas of an outside consultant in order to “kick start” revenue growth. Having a PPC Marketer available (of course with a solid reputation and a high level of past successes) can take the ease off of everyone, because it eliminates all of the pain of vetting out different vendors and references, etc… so they make a smart decision on who to hire.
Perhaps, those companies who already have “in-house” staff that would not need to hire a Full-Time Consultant, but need an expert to come in and evaluate everything could be a very “cost effective” solution. For example, a PPC Marketer can provide an “in-depth” review of the following:
- Overall Strategy and Tactics
- Complete Quality Score Methodology
- Landing Page Evaluation and Recommendations
- Extensive Web Analytics and Conversion Analysis
- Other available platforms and networks not currently being used
- On-going optimization techniques and continued growth
For a Venture Capital Firm, whose main interest is to make sure their portfolio companies are profitable and continuously growing, having an experience PPC Marketer at their disposal is “no-brainer”. It all comes down to Reputation, Trust and Good work. If a VC’s portfolio company is looking to hire a PPC Marketing Firm, whom better else to recommend to them than their own VC.