For many companies and organizations who use SalesForce, they already know it is an amazing CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool. However, it’s the unique integration with Google Adwords which makes it even more valuable. I just wish they would integrate Yahoo and MSN. I have written before on the relationship between SalesForce and Google Adwords entitled, Managing Both Salesforce.com & Adwords MCC APIs. Moreover, in this post I wanted to dig a little deeper into the step-by-step processes as well as the “not so much blogged about” features of this “perfect Mix.” Hence the photo.
Below, I will go through step by step the process for setting this up.
How can I connect an Adwords Account into SalesForce?
This is a very easy task that sounds more complicated than it truly is. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Click the Google Adwords Setup tab in Salesforce
- Enter your existing Adwords Customer ID in the field provided
- Salesforce walks you through to complete the process.
- Login to your Google Adwords Account
- Go to My Account –> Access –> Client Managers
- In Client Manager, you should see SalesForce for Google Adwords.
- If you have an MCC logged to this account, make sure the Access Level is for SalesForce is set for API only.
- Once complete, you can now track new and existing campaigns in SalesForce
Important Notes about Adwords Setup in SalesForce:
- You can only have one (1) Google Adwords account into SalesForce.
- SF does not support linking a Google MCC IDs (Only individual account IDs)
- During integration process, Salesforce will automatically append tracking code to the end of all destination urls in the account.
Creating the Web-To-Lead Form in SalesForce:
- Create a Salesforce Account, fill out all of the necessary fields needed to capture leads, etc..
- Create a customized “Thank You” page and “Cancel Page”. (Add to WTL Form)
- Create then copy/paste the customized Web to lead form to your needs on the website
- Run test in SalesForce to make sure the code is working, as well as the form is accurate.
- Once everything is good, do a test to make sure it’s working in Salesforce.
What happens in SalesForce when a Lead is generated:
When a user enters his/her information from the WTL form, the lead is easily identified by the value in the Lead Source Field. The Value in Salesforce is labeled as “Google Adwords” and an activity record shows which Google campaign, Adgroup, Ad/Creative Headline and even keyword that generated the lead.
What Kind of Reporting Does SalesForce Offer?
SalesForce for Google Adwords includes (17) standard reports plus a custom Dashboard feature. The Google Adwords dashboard offers a real-time snapshot of important metrics that help track lead generation, opportunity creation, closed deals and ROI.
The following Statistics and Charts are available:
- Leads generated from Google Adwords
- Opportunities generated from Google Adwords
- Pipeline generated from Google Adwords
- Closed deals and new customers generated from Google Adwords
- Top lead generating campaigns, adgroups, keywords, phrases and Ad/Creatives.
Difference Between SalesForce & Google Analytics:
Well, first of all they both compliment each other. The main difference is that Salesforce for Google Adwords identifies the source of traffic that create the leads in Salesforce. The typical “hybrid” of both services allows the company to have a holistic view of website activity and lead generation.
SalesForce offers a very robust CRM solution which easily integrates with Google Adwords. My only criticism is that there is no integration with Yahoo and/or MSN. Having that option would be very helpful. As Companies, Agencies, Charities, Political Candidates and Organizations start realizing that they need a better way to handle and organize their business leads, SalesForce can help “marry” both the online and off-line leads, as well as send custom email auto-responders and provide a much easier way of keep track of the business.